Rashford equals Ronaldo’s Man United record: ‘Benni McCarthy cooked that boy’
Needless to say, South African supporters have been quick to praise Benni McCarthy for his contribution to Rashford’s record.https://www.videosprofitnetwork.com/watch.xml?key=4dcc98c32a1e0617e61f7687516f54ec
Marcus Rashford equalled Cristiano Ronaldo’s 21-22 goalscoring record for Manchester United on Sunday when he scored in the Red Devils’ 3-0 victory over Leicester City.
Rashford, inspired by Benni McCarthy, has done a wonderful job of filling Ronaldo’s shoes this season, and has now hit the 24-goal mark—the same as CR7 managed last term.https://www.videosprofitnetwork.com/watch.xml?key=4dcc98c32a1e0617e61f7687516f54ec
African supporters have been quick to praise Rashford for his goal haul, and of course, have attributed his achievements—in the main—to Benni McCarthy.
Best striker coach
McCarthy has overseen a remarkable transformation in Rashford since being appointed specialist coach focusing on Manchester United’s strikers.
His work is certainly being recognised.
“Big ups to Benni McCarthy too,” wrote @ZhyBaby. “Best striker coach.”
- What’s he saying to Rashford?@Kwenaldo wants more answers.“I wonder what Benni is saying to Rashford,” he wrote. “That boy just can’t stop scoring.”The England international now has 24 goals and eight assists so far this season, during a remarkable tour de force.
- Don’t like United, support BenniEven fans who aren’t typically supporters of United are being won over by what Benni is achieving in the North West.“Read and appreciate what this African great is achieving against our favourite teams,” wrote Mpho Kenny Mabotseng. “I don’t like United but I support Benni.”
- United’s best signingForget Casemiro, Christian Eriksen or Lisandro Martinez, for some United fans, the identity of the Red Devils’ best signing under Erik ten Hag is not up for debate.“Benni has done wonders this season,” wrote Frank Lucas. “By far our best signing.”
“Since you arrived at Man United you made things happen,” he wrote, with a photo of Bafana Bafana’s all-time top scorer.
- “For real, Benni was our best signing this season,” added @sam12bo. “He has that boy cooking.”
- Man behind the resurgenceUnited’s win takes them up to 49 points after 24 games, five behind league leaders Arsenal.For some fans, it isn’t just Rashford’s form that Benni should take credit for, but United’s improvement as well.“Benni is the man behind this resurgence,” declared @LGRASL confidently.
- South African fans in attendanceMany supporters noticed the presence of the Rainbow Nation’s iconic flag among the supporters at Old Trafford on Sunday.Considering Quinton Fortune hasn’t been on the club’s books for some time, it can surely only be tribute to one man!“Sam by country’s flag in the crowd,” wrote Jody Philander. “Big ups to Benni.”
but he can’t help Weghorst
While Rashford continues to thrive, scoring in his seventh straight game at Old Trafford, United new boy Wout Weghorst is struggling to truly make an impact at the club.Fans aren’t pointing the finger at Benni, though!“[He’s] too damn slow,” wrote @LangaDaSun. “Benni can’t change that about him!”@Macgzee agrees.“McCarthy needs to work his magic on Weghorst,” he wrote…although don’t hold your breath.“Weghorst struggles with these one on ones,” echoed @Tantie_22. “Benni needs to give him more attention.”