35 Best Ways to Make Money Online in 2023
From taking online surveys to starting an online store, there are numerous ways to make money online.
Most only require a computer or mobile device and a solid internet connection. In addition to requiring little to no startup cost, these money-making methods also let you work independently from the comfort of your home.
With all of those benefits and the growth of eCommerce due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s no wonder that more people are looking to find ways of earning money online.
This article compiles 35 online money-making ideas in 2023. We have categorized the ideas into two lists consisting of 10 methods to make quick cash and 25 strategies for long-term earnings. Hopefully, this article can help you learn how to make money online.
- How to Make Money Online – Video Tutorial
- Top 10 Quick Ways for Making Money Online
- Top 25 Long-Term Strategies on How to Make Money Online
- 1. Become a Virtual Assistant
- 2. Apply for Freelance Jobs
- 3. Invest in Stocks
- 4. Make Money Blogging
- 5. Publish eBooks
- 6. Create an Online Course
- 7. Tutor Students Online
- 8. Offer Digital Marketing Services
- 9. Become a Travel Consultant
- 10. Sell Advertising Space
- 11. Join an Affiliate Program
- 12. Start Email Marketing Campaigns
- 13. Create a Membership Site
- 14. Create an App
- 15. Create a Subscription Job Board
- 16. Become a Content Writer
- 17. Become a Graphic Designer
- 18. Become a Website Developer
- 19. Open a Dropshipping Store
- 20. Build an eCommerce Website
- 21. Buy and Flip Websites
- 22. Create a Podcast
- 23. Start a YouTube Channel
- 24. Become a Video Game Streamer
- 25. Become an Influencer
- How to Choose the Best Way to Make Money Online
- Make Money Online FAQ
Top 10 Quick Ways for Making Money Online
An internet connection makes nearly everything accessible, regardless of location or device. If you’re looking for ways to make money immediately, consider our top picks:
EASY WAYS TO MAKE MONEY
- Complete online surveys. Make extra cash by sharing your opinions on popular survey sites.
- Test games and software. Provide developers with insights into their software’s user experience.
- Review websites. Give feedback on people’s websites to improve their usability.
- Try mystery shopping. Get paid to review businesses and share your experience as a customer.
- Sell second-hand items. Declutter your home and sell used items like clothes, appliances, and vehicles.
- Sell school notes. Popular among students who want to maintain good grades while earning money on the side.
- Do voice-over work. Lend your narration talents to commercials, trailers, and audiobooks.
- Monetize art and designs. Sell products bearing your designs and accept art commissions.
- Sell stock photos and footage. Ideal for photographers and videographers looking for a way to make passive income.
- Carry out small jobs. Excellent for people with limited technical skills and a few hours of free time.
1. Complete Online Surveys
- Setup time: a few minutes – users just need to create an account
- Age threshold: 13+ to 18+, varies among different sites
- Time of payment: varies depending on the minimum required amount to cash out
It might sound too good to be true, but you can earn extra cash by completing surveys online during your spare time.
Many companies pay people to participate in surveys for general market research and consumer behavior analysis. These surveys help companies make business decisions, like which products to launch or where to publish advertisements.
However, not everyone can do online surveys. For example, some surveys only target specific groups of people, such as people of a certain gender, age, or occupation.
Most survey sites provide relatively low pay with a certain earnings threshold.
For example, you may make $0.50-$3/survey. But unless you reach a total of $10-$25 in earnings, you won’t be able to cash out. For these reasons, surveys are not a viable long-term way to make money online.
If the potential drawbacks don’t phase you, here are some popular survey sites:
- Swagbucks. Watch videos, play games, and complete online surveys to earn points. Then, redeem them for cash or gift cards.
- Survey Junkie. Help brands deliver better products and services by participating in their market surveys.
- Harris Poll Online. Enter a rewards program by answering polls run by the survey platform.
- QuickRewards. Get paid via PayPal by completing surveys, playing games, watching videos, completing offers, or shopping online. No minimum amount is required to cash out.
2. Test Games and Apps
- Setup time: minutes to hours, depending on the game’s length
- Age threshold: 18+
- Time of payment: ranging from several days to a few months after completing the game or its beta version
In 2021, the video game industry was worth $178.73 billion – a 14.4% increase from 2020.
Video games also hold the largest share of the global digital media market. As a result, many opportunities have appeared for users to make money online by testing games and other apps.
Some apps, like Mistplay, require players to perform specific tasks and collect in-game currency rewards. These rewards can be redeemed as gift cards or real-world money.
The Global Beta Test Network by Keywords Studios pays people to play games before their official release. Other online games like Givling offer real cash prizes.
However, beware of platforms that use games and apps as a front for scams to steal personal information and bank account details. While they provide an easy way to make money online, check reviews and ensure their legitimacy first.
3. Test Websites and Give Feedback
- Setup time: a few minutes – users typically need to sign up and take a quick practice test
- Age threshold: 16+ to 18+, varies among different sites
- Time of payment: one or two weeks after the test
If you have a keen eye for website design and development, consider becoming a website tester. It’s a great way to make money quickly and immerse yourself in the web development industry.
To test websites, you must have critical and logical thinking skills, excellent communication abilities, and knowledge of website functionality and design. These qualities can improve your job prospects and test-reporting quality.
Payments are usually project-based, and the rates differ based on the testing methods and the platform’s policy.
For example, UserTesting offers $4–$120/test. Website testers who participate in live interviews with clients make more money.
Here are a few other marketplaces where people can make money online via website testing projects:
- Ubertesters. A crowdsourced testing service focusing on websites, mobile apps, and games.
- Userbrain. An online tool offering user experience testing for websites and digital product prototypes.
- Testbirds. User experience testing for digital products, including eCommerce stores, mobile apps, and fitness trackers.
- Userlytics. In addition to testing websites and apps, it offers projects focusing on reviewing video commercials.
- Trymata. Provides usability tests for websites and mobile apps via recorded videos and survey-based written feedback.